Schauffler and millions of low carb dieters have found that if you don’t do it right, low carb will turn into a big health risk and make one actually gain weight. Low carb adherents can use this "Top Ten" list to avoid the pitfalls of low carb dieting and assure the achievement of their weight loss, fitness and appearance goals.
Low Carb at TGI Fridays! Low Carb Ice Cream! And the best one - Low Carb Beer! Henri Schauffler was ecstatic. Low carb had finally become mainstream! Life would be good from now on…
Schauffler, a middle aged man who had been on the Atkins low carb diet for years, was shocked to find earlier in the year that his cholesterol, tri-glycosides, blood pressure and weight were all up to unhealthy levels. But wait - Dr. Atkins had promised that the low carb diet would solve all these problems AND help him lose weight. Now, he thought, there was low carb everywhere - he could “not have his carbs and eat them, too.”
But as Schauffler and millions of low carb dieters have found, if you don’t do it right, low carb will turn into a big health risk. Earlier this year, he began an in-depth search for what was wrong with this low carb picture.
Along with the Five Keys, Schauffler discovered the Top Ten Reasons Why Low Carb Dieters Can End Up Getting Fatter and Fatter. There is room here to describe five:
10. Not Counting Carbs – Carbs must be counted just like calories.
9. Disregarding a common sense approach - (“I can eat as much fat as I like – it’s low carb!”).
8. Failing to develop a clear plan and goals for achievement – just like any endeavor, one needs to create a sense of urgency everyday.
7. Dieting alone - not enlisting the help of a support network.
6. Believing too much of the hype on commercially prepared low carb foods – all the “net carbs” promotion belies the fact that one must eat a healthy mix of protein and complex carbohydrates everyday.
For the remaining Top Ten Reasons Why Low Carb Dieters Can End Up Getting Fatter and Fatter go to: http://www.lowcarb-lifestyles.com, and look in the left hand column under "Featured Artilces."
Says Schauffler, a success coach and management consultant, “I have concluded that the low carb approach is absolutely the best system, but we must follow certain principles absolutely. Failure to do so will actually make you fatter while tricking you into thinking you are on a diet!”
Contact Information: Henri Schauffle LowCarb-Lifestyles.Com 301-806-0510